What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or mobile device if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's or mobile device’s hard drive.
Cookies used on our Website
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies - These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies - They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our Website and to see how visitors move around our Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies - These are used to recognise you when you return to our Website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies - These cookies record your visit to our Website, the pages you have visited, the time spent on each page and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Website more relevant to your interests.
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|Cookie Type||Name||Purpose||Expiry Date||Other information|
This is a reference to a user’s session at the web server and only applies to logged-in administrators.
|25 days||The last part of the cookie name may vary as it's a random number.|
|Functional||Toolbar||Used to perceive user preferences on the appearance of the administrative toolbar showing typically at the top of the screen.||Expires when the browser closes||Only present for administrator users.|
|Functional||ToolbarActiveTab||As above.||Expires when user’s browser closes||As above.|
|Google Analytics uses and tracks visits to our Website using cookies to assist us in understanding how visitors interact with our Website and how we can improve our Website. The information gathered is always anonymous and is used for statistical purposes.||2 years||
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
*_gid* and *_gat_UA-57224655-1*
These Google Analytics cookies help to keep anonymous statistics on Website use and performance.
|1 day||See above.|
By continuing to use our Website, you agree that we can store and access the above cookies on your device.
How to delete cookies through the browser
You can block or delete cookies by activating the setting on your browser. To do this follow the instructions provided by your browser – usually this will be located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” facility. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our Website.
Amendments to this Policy
If you have any questions or concerns regarding how your personal data is processed by us via our Website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Beauchamps, Riverside Two, Sir John Rogerson’s Quay, Dublin 2.
Last updated: April 2018