Imelda is a partner and Chair of Beauchamps. Imelda’s practice areas straddle corporate governance, commercial property and franchising. In relation to corporate governance, Imelda advises a range of public bodies and public and private companies on all aspects of governance, such as strategy, compliance and conflict management. Imelda's commercial property expertise focuses on retail, investment and development work, with particular expertise in franchising. She is consistently named, by peers and clients, as an expert in the International Who’s Who of Franchise Lawyers and regularly writes and speaks on the topic.
From 2001 to 2008 Imelda served as Beauchamps’ Managing Partner. From June 2012 to December 2014, she was a board member of the Dublin Docklands Development Authority and a member of its planning sub-committee. Imelda was a Council Member of Dublin Chamber of Commerce from 2003 to 2014 and was President of Dublin Chamber of Commerce for 2011.
- A number of retailers on the on-going leasing and management of their large national retail portfolio
- Institutional client pension funds manager in connection with acquisition, lettings and management of a range of office, industrial and retail developments
- A leading discount supermarket retailer on the leasing of a number of premises
- A number of educational institutions on a range of governance issues
- A number of public bodies on governance issues
- A number of international franchisors on their franchise operations in Ireland
- A number of indigenous Irish businesses on franchising their business both nationally and internationally