Laura is an Associate on our award winning employment & benefits team. Laura works with Irish and international corporate clients, public bodies and private individuals. Laura advises clients across a wide range of sectors including the education, technology, health care, financial and public sectors.
Laura advises on all aspects of employment law both contentious and non-contentious. Her work includes advising employers in relation to day to day employment law queries, employment contracts/policies, internal processes including grievance and disciplinary processes, employment permits, restructuring/redundancies, severance agreements, employment mediations, the defence of all kinds of employment law claims and the employment law aspects of corporate transactions. Laura also advises employees and has acted for a number of senior executives in relation to the negotiation of favourable exit packages.
- A number of Institutes of Technology in relation to day to day employment issues including internal procedures, employment investigations, fixed term and part time contracts, protected disclosures, the defence of employment law claims, data protection and freedom of information.
- A number of international technology companies in relation to day to day employment queries and the defence of employment law claims
- A Public Services Body in relation to the successful defence of a number of claims before the Workplace Relations Commission concerning fixed term contracts.
- An Airline Company in relation to employee policies
- A large corporate client in High Court proceedings against an employee to protect confidential and commercially sensitive information