Sharon is an associate solicitor in our litigation and dispute resolution team. Sharon was called to the Bar of Ireland in 2005 and practiced as a Barrister for 12 years before being admitted to the Roll of Solicitors in 2018. As a Barrister, Sharon’s practice traversed all court jurisdictions resulting in successful outcomes at all levels.
Sharon has extensive experience working with financial institutions, corporate and individual clients and specialises in advising on all aspects of contentious commercial matters.
Sharon has considerable expertise in administrative law, bankruptcy, debt and security enforcement, employment law, planning, corporate, white collar and regulatory crime and tortious actions.
Sharon completed an Advanced Diploma in Data Protection Law in 2018 awarded by The Honorable Society of the Kings Inns, in advance of the implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and is currently undertaking a Diploma in Mediator Training, awarded by the Law Society of Ireland. Sharon and is expected to qualify as an accredited Mediator in early 2019.
- A Receiver and a financial institution advising in relation to debt recovery matters including the assessment and enforcement of guarantees and securities of a defaulting borrower with outstanding debts in excess of €10,000,000.00
- A global investment bank advising on and initiating bankruptcy proceedings on foot of judgments obtained in excess of €25,000,000.00
- A Receiver and private investment firm advising in relation to the realisation of assets and the assessment of purported fraudulent transactions
- An alternative global investment firm advising on recovery options including initiating judgment and possession proceedings on foot of debts in excess of €9,000,000.00
- The Board of Management of Clonkeen College advising in relation to resisting the sale of school playing fields on the basis of the doctrine of proprietary estoppel including preparation for an expedited trial date
- The Board of Management of Clonkeen College advising in relation to the initiation by the school’s patron of the dissolution process pursuant to the Section 16 of the Education Act 1998 including an application for interlocutory injunctive relief
- An individual in Defamation proceedings advising on all aspects of the law of Defamation including qualified privilege and malice, the institution of proceedings and preparation for trial