The breadth of our team and experience enables us to advise on every legal issue that may arise “from farm to fork”. Typical areas of legal interest for clients include product development, production, safety, marketing, distribution, retail and consumption. As a full service law firm, we also advise on the range of commercial issues that are faced by all companies operating in Ireland and expanding internationally.
We have particular expertise in EU law and the operation of Irish food and agri businesses as part of the EU.
We regularly deliver workshops on food labelling, food safety and regulation externally and to in-house teams.
- Regulatory Advice – including safety; hygiene; labelling; health & nutrition claims; product recall; allergens; additives, flavourings and colourings; product composition
- Corporate governance
- Commercial agreements and arrangements including supply, distribution, outsourcing; agency & franchise agreements; JVs and partnership arrangements; cooperatives; manufacturing, branding & packaging arrangements
- Intellectual property
- Construction projects
- Land & commercial property: purchase/sale, long term leasing of commercial properties including offices, farms, production facilities and laboratories
- Environmental and Health & Safety
- Corporate law including corporate structure; mergers & acquisitions; investments and funding
- Private client and family law
- Litigation and dispute resolution including product liability cases; judicial review; personal injury; breach of contract; commercial disputes for producers, retailers and food service providers (eg hotels, hospitals, restaurants); food law enforcement
- Renewable energy