The healthcare sector in Ireland is undergoing transformational change in order to tackle issues related to our aging population, the rise in chronic disease, access and resourcing, increased costs and broadening role of health technologies and data management in the delivery of healthcare.
Our healthcare group combines expertise from across the firm. Our team has extensive experience in advising and acting for clients within the sector on issues such as: compliance, data protection, insurance, planning, commercial agreements, employment, professional negligence, investigations, as well as strategic issues including funding, real estate projects, mergers, and governance structures.
Our clients include healthcare service providers such as nursing homes, care homes, primary care centres, hospitals, pharmacies, doctors, dentists, pharmacists and other health care professionals, Health Service bodies, as well as regulators, and a wide range of businesses and organisations involved in the healthcare sector such as pharmaceutical, life-sciences, and diagnostic and med-tech companies.
Our clients include:
- The National Maternity Hospital
- Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA)
- UDG Healthcare plc
- Governance & regulation
- Medical law & ethics
- Hospital guidelines and protocols
- Risk management policies & procedures
- Complaints handling policies
- Freedom of information / data protection
- Clinical audits
- Health & safety
- Clinical risk and crisis management
- Defending medical/professional negligence actions
- Litigation & dispute resolution, claims handling, injunctions and judicial reviews
- Representation at disciplinary hearings and Coroner’s Inquests
- Advising healthcare employers on employment related claims
- Advising on infection control management
- Employer’s liability and public liability (EL & PL), claims investigation and handling service
- Product development & liability
This multidisciplinary Irish firm boasts a leading healthcare practice, within which sits a highly respected contentious insurance team, dealing with a comprehensive range of medical negligence cases.
Beauchamps leaves no stone unturned to achieve the best possible result.