Technology & communications sector
We have a strong reputation and extensive experience in the technology & communications sector.
Ireland has a very active technology & communications sector combining the presence of the majority of major technology multi-nationals, a diverse range of thriving domestically founded technology providers and a well supported technology startup ecosystem.
Technology & Communications Group
Our team has developed a deep knowledge of this fast-paced sector based on our multi-practice experience. We work closely with clients to solve operational and growth challenges specific to technology & communications businesses including commercial agreements, intellectual property, e-commerce, data protection and the full range of corporate, equity fundraising and M&A transactions.
Our clients include Irish and international companies, private equity investors and entrepreneurs in software, communications, information technology, cloud computing, social media and technology services.
We have deep experience working alongside Enterprise Ireland and IDA Ireland and have particular expertise advising scaling start-ups and venture capital investors.
Many of our clients have significant operations outside of Ireland. We partner with international law firms to advise clients across multiple jurisdictions and regulatory environments.
- Capita (operators of Eircode - Ireland's post code system)
- Tech Mahindra
- Fincons Group
- Haemoscope Corporation
- Corporate transactions and exits including: Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), cross-border mergers, domestic mergers, public offerings, strategic alliances, joint ventures, migrations and reorganisations
- Private equity, venture capital and debt funding
- Outsourcing, managed services, consultancy, non-disclosure, licencing, distributor , reseller, software development and other commercial agreements
- Data protection and privacy
- Intellectual property development, portfolio management and protection
- Commercial litigation and dispute resolution
- Website terms & conditions, privacy policies, ecommerce, online liability including ISP liability, domain name protection strategies, cybersquatting and recovery of domain names
- Public procurement and government grants
- Commercial property, environmental and planning
- Employment, pensions and incentives including share option schemes and employee incentive and reward schemes
I’ve found that working with Beauchamps is easy. The solicitors I’ve worked with have made themselves available when needed, turned things around quickly and delivered excellent work. They are fully dedicated, working long hours and pulling out the stops when needed.
They are knowledgeable, efficient and they get on with the job and advise well.
Quick to pick up the phone if something is happening in the background I need to know.
Responsive, informative and sensitive of time, meeting clients' expectations even when deadlines are very tight.
'Strong all-round knowledge' and offers 'client-friendly advice'
The team totally understands our business and what we want to do. The lawyers give excellent advice and when we think we have drafted what we want, they will pick holes and show us what we need to do. We always feel confident that what we are left with protects us as much as possible.