Ainsley Heffernan is a partner and head of our award winning Energy & Natural Resources Group. He has over fifteen years’ experience advising clients in the energy sector. Ainsley and his team have extensive experience representing clients involved in wind farm projects (both onshore and offshore), solar PV, energy storage, anaerobic digestion and CHP. He has spoken at numerous conferences and regularly contributes to a variety of industry publications. Ainsley is also included in the Energy Ireland Yearbook as one of the “leading movers and shakers in the energy sector”.
His specialties include energy law, planning and development, corporate law and contract negotiation.
- ABO Wind on the finance and construction of the Cappawhite B and Clogheravaddy Wind Farms
- Innogy Renewables on the acquisition of a 50% stake in the 600MW Dublin Array Offshore Wind Farm and a 100% stake in a 103MW battery energy storage portfolio
- Triodos Bank on the project finance of Gurteen Wind Farm and the refinance of Castlecool Wind Farm
- C6 WTE in the acquisition, development and finance of the €85.4 million Derryclure Waste to Energy Project
- Grange Backup Power on the development and subsequent sale of a 115MW open cycle gas dual fuel power plant