Aisling is an associate within our insolvency & corporate restructuring team. Aisling plays a key role in advising clients across a wide spectrum of insolvency and restructuring matters and in commercial litigation. Aisling acts for stakeholders and insolvency practitioners (domestic and international) in the protection of interests in formal insolvency processes including liquidations, examinerships, SCARP and receiverships.
Aisling also specialises in commercial litigation to include high-value contractual disputes, asset recovery, shareholder actions, professional negligence claims, cross-border insolvency disputes, property-related disputes and fraud-related litigation.
Aisling has extensive experience in some of the most high-profile recent cases, to include CityJet DAC (the largest wet lease operator in Europe) where she advised the company; Compu B and Stormfront Technology (the largest premium reseller of Apple products in the UK and Ireland) where she acted for the examiner and Cosmetic Creations Limited (the primary producer of tanning products in Ireland) where she acted for the examiner.
More broadly, Aisling acted for Sean's Bar – Ireland's oldest pub in its successful claim against FBD Insurance which was the landmark test case for over 1,000 COVID-19 business interruption insurance claims; Quote Devil Insurance, in the defence of an injunction and minority shareholder claim and DigitalBridge Inc, in the defence of an injunction and related litigation brought by the Ronan Group Real Estate Limited.
- Liquidator of Boxer Logistics Limited in the successful €12.4m claim against the former directors for fraudulent trading and related recovery litigation.
- A UK Trustee-in-Bankruptcy in an ongoing claim for the recovery of $8 million for the benefit of the bankrupt's creditors.
- Quote Devil Insurance in the defence of an injunction and defence of a minority shareholder claim with regard to a share sale to Chill Insurance.
- Cosmetic Creations Limited advised the examiner on the successful restructuring of the primary producer of fake-tanning products in Ireland.
- DigitalBridge Inc in defence of an injunction and defence of a claim of Ronan Group Real Estate Limited with respect to transfer of a loan portfolio.
- CityJet DAC (the largest wet lease operator in Europe) on its examinership, which resulted in the company successfully exiting the process with a significantly restructured business.
- Sean's Bar - Ireland's Oldest Bar on the landmark test case for over 1000 COVID-19 business interruption insurance claims against FBD Insurance.
- CompuB and Stormfront Technology advised the examiner on the successful restructuring of this business (including three English registered companies), the largest premium reseller of Apple products in the UK and Ireland.
- Paperchase Paper Products advised the board and the shareholder on the liquidation of its iconic Irish business.