Barry is a seasoned insolvency expert and litigator who heads our market-leading insolvency & corporate restructuring team. More generally, he has significant Irish and cross border experience and is a highly regarded practitioner. He represents stakeholders and officeholders in a wide range of contentious and non-contentious insolvency and debt restructuring cases.
Barry has been a member of the Council of INSOL Europe since 2016 and in October 2020 was announced as its vice president.
He is also a Fellow of INSOL International since 2016. He is the only Fellow of INSOL International in Ireland.
Barry contributes to the Irish Chapter of the Restructuring Review - 15th Edition.
- CityJet DAC (the largest wet lease operator in Europe) on its examinership, which resulted in the company successfully exiting the process with a significantly restructured business
- Sean's Bar - Ireland's Oldest Bar on the landmark test case for over 1000 COVID-19 business interruption insurance claims against FBD Insurance
- CompuB and Stormfront Technology represented the examiner on the successful restructuring of this business (including three English registered companies), the largest premium reseller of Apple products in the UK and Ireland
- Flairline Fashions (trading as Pemela Scott) (one of Ireland's largest and oldest indigenous fashion retailers) on its restructuring through liquidation of group entities trading in 20 stores
- Paperchase Paper Products advised the board and the shareholder on the liquidation of its iconic Irish business
- Aldo Group and Aldo Shoes Ireland on the Irish aspects of its restructuring, including liquidation in Ireland
- Le Pain Quotidien and its Irish entity on its liquidation
- Warehouse and Oasis Fashions on the restructuring and ultimate court liquidation of its Irish entities