Ciara is an associate in our litigation & dispute resolution team. Ciara has extensive experience advising clients, from both a plaintiff and defendant perspective, across a wide range of contentious matters. She has particular experience in claims involving professional negligence, debt recovery and enforcement, financial services litigation and medical negligence.
Ciara is a specialist in the area of professional negligence and has represented insurers across a broad range of indemnity cases, particularly in the area of professional negligence claims against solicitors. She advises insurers on policy interpretation and coverage disputes. She also has experience in advising both insurers and self-insured bodies in respect of employer’s and public liability personal injury claims.
Miller Insurance in the defence of professional negligence actions against solicitors, including advising on policy interpretation and indemnity
A financial institution in relation to a claim against a valuer for providing negligent advice
- Solicitors Mutual Defence Fund in the defence of professional negligence actions against solicitors arising from a broad range of practice areas
- A self-insured electronics company in the defence of personal injury cases arising from alleged defective products
- An individual on the resolution of a shareholder dispute through mediation
- A landlord in a mediation arising from a dispute with a tenant in respect of the validity of surrender clauses in a lease
- A company which provides life loans in respect of challenges brought by family members as to the validity of the loans, following the death of the borrower