Dorit is a partner and head of our EU, competition & procurement team. Dorit has extensive experience and knowledge in advising clients on all aspects of competition law and procurement law. Dorit is qualified to practise in both Ireland and the UK.
Dorit regularly advises clients on the competition law implications of commercial contracts, mergers, cartels, abuse of a dominant position, compliance and enforcement issues (including dawn raids and leniency programmes), market investigations, State aid issues as well as complaints to competition authorities. She also advises clients on the design and implementation of competition compliance programmes, including extensive training to board members and employees.
In addition, Dorit is a trusted adviser to many public and private sector clients in the public and utilities sectors on procurement issues, including advising on procurement strategy and execution, drafting all procurement documentation, advising on selection and award criteria, evaluation methodology and scoring matrix, debrief requirements and defending or initiating a challenge.
- SHS Group on its acquisitions of Standard Brands (UK) Limited and 3V Natural Foods Limited, including merger notifications to the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission
- South Dublin County Council on the procurement process for a mixed-tenure housing development of approximately 900 houses which is being procured through the competitive dialogue procedure
- Respond on procurement issues arising in relation to the development of social housing units with funding from the Housing Finance Agency and the European Investment Bank
- Pobal, the National Library of Ireland, the Waterford Institute of Technology, the Mater Misericordiae University Hospital and the Central Statistics Office on a range of procurement issues
- Trade association on the application of competition law to its constitution and membership
- International bank on all aspects of the investigation into the retail banking sector by the UK Competition & Markets Authority
- News media organisation on Irish and UK merger control and competition issues arising from the acquisition of four magazine titles. This was a media merger which was notified to, and cleared by, the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission and the Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Environment
- Online cycling retailer on UK merger control and competition issues arising from the sale of the business to a competing online retailer. The transaction required a merger notification to the UK Competition and Markets Authority which was cleared in Phase 1
- National TV Channels on a joint venture relating to the transmission of digital television in Northern Ireland, including State aid, broadcasting law and merger control issues