Jeanne-Marie Moriarty is a partner in our Financial Services and Regulation team. She is a qualified solicitor and barrister and has a wealth of commercial expertise in a wide range of Financial Services including, Financial Regulation, Investment Funds, Pensions & Trust law, Corporate Governance & legal risk management.
Jeanne-Marie has gained significant in-house experience from her previous roles as the Head of Legal and Compliance for Aon Consulting, together with leading the legal functions within Bank of Ireland, Private Banking Ltd and Bank of Ireland Insurance & Investments Ltd and more recently as the Head of Litigation and the Principal Lawyer of Investment Funds and Regulation for Bank of Ireland Group.
She also successfully designed and led the Professional Trustee Training Programmes for the Irish Association of Pension Funds for a number of years.
- Extensive experience in all areas of Pensions & Trust Law, advising Trustees and Employers in relation to their regulatory duties and the issues which arise in the day to day governance of Occupational Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution pension Schemes
- Managing and leading the on-going transactional and contractual support required for UCITS & AIF’s (RIAIF’s and QIAIF’s)
- Establishment, registration, and on-going operation and governance of Investment Funds and Structures for both Retail and Professional Investors
- Implementation of high profile regulatory change projects including MiFID II, MiFIR, AIFMD, UCIT’s PRIIP’s, and IDD
- Design, implementation and monitoring of internal controls, polices, and procedures for investment management entities to ensure appropriate compliance with on-going regulatory requirements
- Devising frameworks to evaluate legal, regulatory & compliance risk to enable Senior Management business teams transform internal risk management practices
- Lead Counsel on all areas of defence litigation for Bank of Ireland including the Groups Material litigation strategies and mitigations
- Managing internal legal teams and external project teams with regard to CBI PRISM Reviews, Supervisory Inspections and Enforcement Investigations under the Administrative Sanction Procedures
- Advising Senior Leadership Business Teams on compliance with Corporate Governance matters including Fitness & Probity, Individual Accountability Frameworks (SEAR and Conduct Standards), conduct and consumer protection risk with emphasis on the development and assessment of their SERP (Supervisory Review and Evaluation) Frameworks and Operating Models