Malachy is a partner in our banking and finance team and also heads our investment funds team. Malachy works with domestic and international clients on the establishment and operation of Irish regulated funds, as well as all associated investment and regulatory matters. He has extensive experience advising funds, promoters and service providers on asset management and investment fund related matters, including on the establishment, authorisation and operation of all types of Irish investment funds including UCITS, QIAIFs, RIAIFs, ETF’s and closed-ended funds. He also has significant expertise in UCITS regulation as well as market leading experience in AIFs authorised under the Irish AIFM regime.
Prior to joining Beauchamps, Malachy was previously in-house counsel for a major international bank in the Cayman Islands, head of legal for a global fund administration company and then led the funds department for a top tier London law firm.
- A private equity fund on the establishment, authorisation and operation of an umbrella platform with several segregated sub funds using a primary Singaporean investor base
- A fund of funds on its set up and positioning of an LLC as a subsidiary of this fund to contract in the US market
- A venture capital fund on its creation as an ICAV to invest into technology companies on a global scale
- A loan originating fund on the establishment of a closed end fund and the deployment of capital including advices on AIFMD, FATCA and leverage mechanisms
- A UCITS fund on its establishment and domicile in Ireland with a global reach using a long/short equity objective
- A QIAIF on its creation and maintenance as a real estate Irish regulated fund in the mortgage to rent sector