Paul specialises in employment law and advises employers and employees on all aspects of the employment relationship, contentious and non-contentious. He has represented a wide range of clients, including financial institutions, international companies and public bodies in a diverse range of employment related issues before the WRC, including unfair dismissal claims, equality related disputes, claims arising under the Organisation of Working Time Act, TUPE and claims under the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act.
He also provides a wide range of general HR advices to domestic and international clients on a variety of non-contentious queries such as performance related matters, recurring or persistent absenteeism working, time issues, queries regarding fixed term contracts, and addressing bullying and harassment in the workplace.
In addition to his employment experience Paul has advised businesses and undertakings in relation to procurement matters, with a particular focus on procurement litigation under the remedy regulations.
- Advised the successful tenderer for bus routes in Dublin on complex employment issues including TUPE, driving hours, interactions with Trade Unions and preparing to employ employees in Ireland for the first time
- Domestic and international clients on their obligations under the TUPE regulations in the context of asset purchase and sales, including the purchase and sale of a number of hotels by a leading Irish hotel group
- Various Employers on implementing grievance and disciplinary procedures arising out of allegations of fraud, performance related issues or bullying and harassment
- Client on restructuring projects, including implementing redundancy processes
- A national sporting organisation in relation to an injunction brought by an employee to restrain a disciplinary process