Thomas is a partner in our litigation & dispute resolution team. Thomas works with Irish and international businesses across all sectors, financial institutions and state bodies. Thomas specialises in complex commercial disputes and has particular experience advising financial institutions and corporate clients involved in claims for professional negligence, breach of contract, security enforcement, judicial review and property disputes.
Thomas advises clients on many aspects of administrative decision-making and following fair procedures as well as obligations under Data Protection and Freedom of Information legislation.
Thomas was admitted as a solicitor of the Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court (British Virgin Islands) and as an attorney-at-law in the Cayman Islands in 2008. He spent two years working in the commercial litigation department of a large Cayman Islands law firm.
- Motion Picture Association of America, a trade association of six major Hollywood studios in Commercial Court proceedings against numerous Internet Service Providers to prevent downloading of copyrighted material
- Weavering Macro Fixed Income fund, a Cayman Islands domiciled fund in Commercial Court proceedings seeking inspection of all documents relating to the fund which was administered in Ireland
- Global Student Accommodation in High Court proceedings against a number of unlawful occupiers of a development site
- ABO Wind in judicial review proceedings in the Commercial Court in which an extension to a grant of planning permission was challenged
- A local authority in proceedings against a financial institution over the manner in which it negligently opened an unsuitable bank account