There are over 42,000 retail and wholesale businesses operating in Ireland and the majority of these are Irish owned and Irish operated. This sector has experienced steady growth since 2014, following a previously challenging economic environment.
Our retail group works with leading high street names, luxury brands, franchisees, franchisors, retail shopping centre developers some of the largest retailers in Europe who have operations in Ireland.
Our team understands the legal and commercial issues faced by retail investors, multinational and SME retailers, as well as consumer goods manufacturers and suppliers. We have broad experience providing pragmatic, commercial solutions for an extensive range of operational and strategic issues which can arise for the retail sector.
We are particularly experienced in retail portfolio acquisitions and sales, franchising and supporting new retail developments from procurement and planning through commercial leasing. Clients include:
- Mint Velvet
- NYSE Listed AMC Entertainment
- McCabes Pharmacy
- Dunnes Stores
- Holland & Barrett
- Pamela Scott
- Investing in retail brands
- Raising funds for both working capital and acquisitions
- Purchase and sale of property portfolios
- Commercial property lease arrangements
- Exiting underperforming properties
- Landlord and tenant issues
- Intellectual property protection
- Supplier and distributor contracts
- Outsourcing of POS, stock and IT systems
- Advertising, branding and promotional requirements
- Competition issues amongst the major retailers
- Consumer law
- Customer complaint procedures
- Franchising arrangements
- Online retailing
- Licensing law
- Health and safety
- Employment policies & HR training
- Insolvency & corporate restructuring
I think of Beauchamps as trusted advisers to our business; it would be our first port of call for any legal advice.