Thomas is a partner in our litigation & dispute resolution team. Thomas works with Irish and international businesses across all sectors, financial institutions and state bodies. Thomas specialises in complex commercial disputes and has particular experience advising financial institutions and corporate clients involved in claims for professional negligence, breach of contract, security enforcement, judicial review and property disputes.
Thomas advises clients on many aspects of administrative decision-making and following fair procedures as well as obligations under Data Protection and Freedom of Information legislation.
Thomas was admitted as a solicitor of the Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court (British Virgin Islands) and as an attorney-at-law in the Cayman Islands in 2008. He spent two years working in the commercial litigation department of a large Cayman Islands law firm.
Thomas won the Client Choice Award for Arbitration and Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) in Ireland in 2018.
- Motion Pictures Association, a trade association of eight major Hollywood studios, in a landmark case against nine internet service providers to prevent downloading of copyrighted material
- Office of Director of Corporate Enforcement (ODCE) in an application to the High Court to appoint inspectors to Independent News and Media plc
- Weavering Macro Fixed Income fund, a Cayman Islands domiciled fund in Commercial Court proceedings seeking inspection of all documents relating to the fund which was administered in Ireland
- Leading Government Agency in arbitration proceedings by a contractor involving a job creation initiative.
- Global Student Accommodation in High Court proceedings against a number of unlawful occupiers of a development site
- A Local Authority in proceedings against a financial institution over the manner in which it negligently opened an unsuitable bank account