Niall is a partner in our banking & finance team. Niall works extensively with major financial institutions and domestic and international clients in the areas of corporate lending, including acquisition finance, construction finance, project finance and secured lending.
His broad experience includes advising on debt restructuring, workouts and recovery related issues, as well as giving advice on banking issues relating to insolvency, loan and security documentation.
Niall also heads our project finance team and has strong expertise in this area, having advised on some of the biggest PPP arrangements to come to financial close in Ireland in recent years.
In addition, Niall works with a number of organisations in the charities and not for profit sector, including acting on an ongoing basis for Barnardos.
- Consortium involving Prime plc and Balfour Beatty Group Limited engaged to design, construct, operate and maintain 14 HSE primary care centres in Ireland as part of a PPP arrangement involving the provision of finance by, amongst others, the European Investment Bank (EIB)
- Inspired Spaces consortium, a joint venture involving Carillion Construction Limited and the Dutch Infrastructure Fund, engaged to finance, build operate and maintain 5 schools and an institute of further education in Ireland that have been included in Bundle 5 of the Department's Public Private Partnership (PPP) programme
- Consortium led by BAM Ireland on the €350 million M11 Gorey to Enniscorthy PPP and the funders of the BAM Iridium consortium (involving BAM Group Ireland, BAM PPP, Iridium and Dragados) engaged to construct the €220 million N25 New Ross Bypass Scheme - these were two of the largest PPP projects to reach financial close in recent years
- Lenders and borrowers in relation to the restructuring of a variety of debt financings
- Acquirers and vendors in respect of a number of loan portfolio sales
- Lenders in relation to the provision of bilateral credit facilities to a number of Irish corporates
- Irish and international borrowers in relation to borrowings and the provision of guarantees and security in respect of such borrowings
- A number of Irish lenders in relation to the financing of complex commercial property transactions