Mataka is an associate in our Public and Regulatory team. Mataka works with various public sector clients and regulatory bodies, large financial institutions, consumer finance companies, corporate bodies, local authorities and developers. Mataka has a broad skillset and extensive litigation experience across the court jurisdictions and has accumulated substantial knowledge advising and acting on behalf of various public sector clients on public, regulatory, administrative and litigation matters. Mataka acts and advises on fitness-to-practise and disciplinary matters, appeals and judicial reviews, administrative law and regulatory issues, and statutory frameworks and provisions.
Mataka also advises on general commercial litigation, financial services litigation, professional negligence, landlord and tenant litigation, property litigation, Pro Bono cases, and other contentious commercial matters. Mataka acts for various institutions and corporate bodies, and has drawn on his work in other departments of the firm to assist clients on various matters including corporate and conveyancing issues, judicial reviews, data requests, debt enforcement, and negligence claims.
- Advising the Irish limb of a Global Charity in respect of urgent and imminent litigation and acting in respect of same, including urgent injunction proceedings and attachment and committal proceedings.
- Humanist Association of Ireland in respect of various issues including assessing and advising on the regulatory functions and powers of the organisation, amending and drafting various rules and procedures governing members and the HAI's functions, advising on drafting of contracts and corporate governance of the organisation, providing advice on the organisation's various duties and interactions with members, advising on case-specific issues concerning members and disciplinary matters and dealing with threats of litigation.
- Acting on behalf of the Chief Inspector of Social Services in respect of various District and High Court proceedings and liaising with the Courts in respect of applications under the Health Act, Judicial Reviews and Appeals.
- Advising Garda Síochána Ombudsman Commission in relation to functions, provision of discovery and avoidance of litigation.
- Advising Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland in various matters, including advising on Medicines Regulations and queries from members regarding the supply, administration and prescription of medication, and scope of pracitse of nurses.
- Acting for AIB Bank and other large Financial Institutions and Asset Financing Corporations in various proceedings, encompassing debt recovery, negligence claims against solicitors and other commercial litigation.
- Acting as a panel solicitor for Residential Tenancies Board to provide legal assistance in respect of enforcement proceedings in the District Court.
- Law Society of Ireland in respect of all aspects of the Society's remit as regulator of the solicitors profession, including advising on various issues concerning professional indemnity insurance and solicitors accounts, including drafting and advising on the Society's regulations.