Terence is a consultant working across all our practice areas, but specifically focused on local government, arbitration and data protection. Terence joined Beauchamps at the beginning of 2020, having previously worked for much of his career as a solicitor with the Law Departments of Cork County Council and subsequently Dublin City Council, where he was appointed Law Agent in 1998.
He has also been actively involved with professional bodies throughout his career, including as Chairman of CIArb (Irish Branch) in 2010, President of the Corporate and Public Lawyers Association from 2005 to 2019 and President of the Local Authority Solicitors Bar Association from 2003 to 2019.
During his tenure as Law Agent for Dublin City Council Terence advised on a number of significant local government projects including:
- Dublin Port Tunnel on the protracted dispute resolution process that arose following completion of the tunnel
- Monument of Light O'Connell St. (The Spire) on the purchase of the I.P. rights to the design of the Monument as well as dealing with various issues that arose during the construction period
- Dublin Waste to Energy Plant on many aspects of this project and, in particular, on the environmental issues
- Ballymun Regeneration Project on the set up the Company to oversee the regeneration of Ballymun. This was the largest such project undertaken in the State
- A number of Public Private Partnerships including St. Michael's Estate, O'Devaney Gardens, Charlemont St., St. Theresa's Gardens and long term Leases for social housing