Beauchamps’ hosts breakfast briefing on food safety with special guest speaker, James McIntosh of safefood.
The event, which was moderated by Máire Cunningham, Partner in Beauchamps, provided a forum for clients, entrepreneurs and innovators in the food industry to engage on the key aspects in food safety, food labelling and allergen information.
The event was attended by various representatives from the sector ranging from start-ups, hospitality providers, food producers and providers and established bakeries, restaurants and take aways.
The event looked at topics that included:
- The commonality and diagnosis of food allergies
- Gluten labelling and precautionary allergen labelling
- The enforcement of food laws and regulation in the food industry
- Food information requirements and labelling laws
- EU allergens and recent cases in the news
- The difference in requirements for pre-packaged and non-prepackaged foods
- Nutritional information